Nigeria Centre for Disease Control has earlier on Monday morning announced 5 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 bringing to a total number of 33 active cases in the country.
Sadly, the agency also announced Nigeria’s first COVID-19 related death who recently returned from the UK. He was known to have underlying medical conditions and had travelled for treatment.
Meanwhile the government has announced that stricter measures are to be put in place to enforce compliance towards mitigating the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic
It said it will unveil the measures in the next 24 to 48 hours.The government also said it might use the military and the Nigeria Police for contact tracing.
It expressed worries that more than 1,300 contacts who have dissolved into the society and yet to be traced.
The government said with the likely multiplication of infections every five days, thousands would have been affected.
The Minister of Information and Culture, Alh. Lai Mohammed made the disclosures at a briefing in Abuja.